Though small in size, the Diamond State is one of the best places in the country to earn your education degree. Employing over 20k of the tiny state’s 783,000 people, Delaware teachers are not only well respected but an important part of Delaware’s future. Plus these days earning your degree has never been easier! It doesn’t matter if you live in Dover, Wilmington or anywhere in between you’re sure to find a fully accredited school that fits your needs. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or online at your own pace – the choice is yours.
As a Delaware educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Delaware:
- Average annual salary: $44,060
- Currently employed: 940
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Delaware Teaching Schools Enrolling Now