As generations continue to grow and change it is becoming increasingly more and more important for Hawaiians to impart their knowledge of history and traditions on to their children. Perhaps this is due to their more recent admittance into the union or just the indelible sense of cultural pride you’ll find amongst the residents. Either way, the ability to teach and convey information to others will become more and more important as time passes. What better a time then to join in and become a Hawaiian educator? With campuses near Oahu and Honolulu you’re sure to find a school that suits your needs. And with the emergence of more and more certified online schools it doesn’t matter if you live on the Big Island or out on Niihau you can still have an excellent education from a fully accredited institution. We’ve put together an extensive list of such great schools and posted them below. Find the school that works best for you and start your career today!
As a Hawaii educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Hawaii:
- Average annual salary: $47,520
- Currently employed: 2,930
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Hawaii Teaching Schools Enrolling Now