Currently Illinois is ranked fourth in the nation for school spending yet it is ranked only 32nd Best Educated state according to studies. The discrepency is shocking and one that has the Land of Lincoln talking. The question remains however, “what can be done about this?” The solution is a simple yet challenging one. The need for better teachers is standard across the country but if you’ve ever considered becoming an Illinois educator, now is your time. With full accredited colleges located all across the state from Chicago to the Quad Cities to Naperville you’re sure to find the one that’s right for you. Learn online or in a traditional classroom setting and obtain the training necessary to become a teacher or school administrator in Illinois.
As an Illinois educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $72,070
- Currently employed: 63,410
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Teaching Schools Enrolling Now