Currently the state of Indiana ranks third from last in the nation in terms of citizens with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. As any Hoosier will tell you however, this is far from an indictment against the overall intelligence of the state. So what goes wrong? What keeps these intelligent and dutiful Indianians from finishing college? Somewhere along the line they get disenfranchised with school and decide not to continue and it’s no great surprise that the best way to encourage a continuing education is by installing quality capable teachers at the grade school and high school levels.
If you’ve ever wondered how you can become an Indiana teacher or school administrator, this is the place to find out and now is the time to start! Indiana is in dire need of great teachers that can help encourage tomorrow’s youth to stay in school and help the state become a better place. If this sounds like the career for you, we recommendchecking out one of our fully accredited campuses located all across the state in or around cities like Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, or Evansville. Can’t find a school nearby or have a complex schedule that keeps you from attending a typical classroom setting? Why not learn online? Reach your degree and our schools will help transition you into your in-classroom learning and prepare you for your Indiana State Praxis tests.
As an Indiana educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Indiana:
- Average annual salary: $27,750
- Currently employed: 13,790
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Indiana Teaching Schools Enrolling Now