Emblazoned across the state flag of Kansas are the words, “Ad astra per aspera” – To the stars through difficulties. That phrase takes on special meaning now a days given the overwhelming challenges facing our nation’s schools. But the only way out of such turmoil is by supplying our students with as many high quality dedicated teachers as possible and that all starts with you. The National Teachers Hall of Fame located in Emporia, KS is filled with the legacies of those who have risen to the occasion. If you’ve ever considered becoming a Kansas teacher or school administrator, now is your time! Below is a list of fully accredited schools from Topeka to Wichita that are accepting new students for their education programs. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or online at your own pace, the choice is yours. So start today and help the state of Kansas reach the stars!
As a Kansas educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Kansas:
- Average annual salary: $39,630
- Currently employed: 93,920
- Employment outlook: 14% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kansas Teaching Schools Enrolling Now