Ranked 50th in the Nation for High School graduation rates it’s clear that the Louisiana education system could use some work. But while politicians in Baton Rouge are working out the technicalities the responsibility of raising a competent and capable generation of Louisianians still falls on the shoulders of Louisiana teachers. If you have a passion for engaging students and furthering education across the state, now is your time to pursue a career as an educator. Listed below are a series of fully accredited schools all across the state from Shreveport to New Orleans that are looking for new enrollments. Learn the teaching skill in a traditional classroom setting or online at your own pace.
As a Louisiana educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $40,390
- Currently employed: 4,240
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Teaching Schools Enrolling Now