The student to teacher ratio in Maine is the second-best in the nation. Clearly staffing well trained and capable teachers in their schools is a high priority for the Pine Tree State. Maine educators are some of the most dedicated in the nation and if you think you have what it takes to join the fold, now is your chance! Browse the list below of excellent schools with campuses near Portland, Derry and Augusta or choose an online learning program if that works best for you. Become a Main teacher or school administrator by learning from talented and caring educators themselves before heading off for your in-classroom experience in one of many Maine schools.
As a Maine educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Maine:
- Average annual salary: $23,930
- Currently employed: 2,480
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maine Teaching Schools Enrolling Now