Maryland has one of the highest rates of graduates with post-secondary and advanced degrees in the nation. Educated masses have been flocking to the Old Line State for ages now seeking out the quality learning experience offered therein. So why not become a Maryland teacher and help continue the state’s winning tradition of graduation rates? Dotted all across the state are fully accredited excellent learning institutions from Oakland to Baltimore to Annapolis and several places in between. We’ve compiled these schools for you below to help you choose the one that’s right for you. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or online at your own pace. The choice is yours.
As a Maryland educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $52,390
- Currently employed: 16,580
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Teaching Schools Enrolling Now