Don’t let the fields of corn fool you, Nebraska has one of the highest rates of citizens with high school diplomas (or greater) in the country! Nebraskans love their education and clearly value their teachers. That’s why it’s a great place to get your education degree! Attend classes in colleges across the state with campuses in Omaha, Lincoln, or the Tri-Cities. Don’t live near any schools or other obligations keep you from attending school in a classroom? Try our online schools! All of them are fully accredited and more than willing to help you gain the knowledge and experience necessary to become another of Nebraska’s great teachers or school administrators!
As a Nebraska educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Nebraska:
- Average annual salary: $34,550
- Currently employed: 5,710
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nebraska Teaching Schools Enrolling Now