No one wants to gamble with their state’s future but with some of the worst student/teacher ratios in the nation it looks like Nevada might be betting against the house on this one! Strained gambling analogies aside, the state of education in Nevada is a serious matter. That’s why it’s so important that Nevadans get an influx of quality teachers ASAP! If you have what it takes, here is the place to start! Browse the list below and find schools near you – from Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe and beyond, there are plenty of quality colleges that can prepare you for your future in teaching. Or if you prefer there are several great fully accredited online learning options available as well! The choice is yours. The future might just be in your hands.
As a Nevada educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Nevada:
- Average annual salary: $32,570
- Currently employed: 5,840
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nevada Teaching Schools Enrolling Now