Despite its relatively small size, New Jersey has the fifth largest budget for school spending in the country – and it shows! With more advanced degrees than almost 86% of the country, New Jerseyites are some of the best educated around (despite what some popular television shows might have you believe). That’s why becoming a New Jersey teacher or school administrator is such a great choice. With several excellent schools all across the Tri-State area from Jersey City to Paramus you can learn at any number of great campuses. Or if you’d prefer, you can learn online with one of our excellent fully accredited online schools listed below!
As a New Jersey educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in New Jersey:
- Average annual salary: $36,370
- Currently employed: 29,950
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New Jersey Teaching Schools Enrolling Now