In a recent round of testing by the NAEP, New Mexico fourth grades scored the lowest out of any state in the union on math proficiency. Though ranking slightly above that in other areas, the rest of the statistics aren’t very promising either. The Land of Enchantment desperately needs a squad of talented teachers to come in and help their students find something enchanting about learning! If you think you can do this, now is your chance! We’ve compiled a list of schools below from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, each one is an excellent and fully accredited school that can help you earn your education degree and put you on the path towards achieving your certification as well. Find a school (or online school) that works best for you and click to contact. It’s that easy to start becoming one of the noblest and desperately needed professions in America.
As a New Mexico educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in New Mexico:
- Average annual salary: $31,180
- Currently employed: 2,620
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New Mexico Teaching Schools Enrolling Now