New York has the highest number of Master’s Degrees out of any state in the union. It’s no surprise then that their pupil to teacher ratios and Best Educated rank are within the top of the nation as well. The Empire State has high standards when it comes to education and therefore is one of the best places to learn how to become a teacher. Earn your education degree in any number of excellent colleges from Long Island to Manhattan, Brooklyn to Albany and just about anywhere in the state of New York and Tri-State area. Our fully accredited schools will then help you find your in-classroom training and prepare you for your Praxis exams. Does a busy schedule keep you from enrolling in a traditional classroom setting? Try one of our online schools!
As a New York educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in New York:
- Average annual salary: $39,020
- Currently employed: 56,800
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Teaching Schools Enrolling Now