Did you know that studies have shown that more Ohioans use their public libraries than any other state in the nation? It’s true! The Buckeye State has a near unquenchable thirst for knowledge and you could be one of the proud Ohio educators supplying that demand. We’ve compiled a list of fully accredited colleges offering degrees for those looking to become a teacher or school administrator in OH. It doesn’t matter if you live in Cleveland, Dayton or Columbus you can even log on and attend classes online! Once you graduate, receive your teaching training and then complete your certifications and in-classroom experience all close to home!
As an Ohio educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $39,060
- Currently employed: 18,760
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Teaching Schools Enrolling Now