Stoic and unchanging, the faces of our finest Presidents stare out at citizens of the Mount Rushmore State inspiring them to strive for best that our country has to offer. In troubled times such as these inspiration is something we can all use. So why not better yourself and your state today by becoming a South Dakota teacher or school administrator? It doesn’t matter if you live in Black Hills, Sioux Falls, Pierre, or Sturgis we’ve compiled a list of great fully accredited teaching schools that will guide you through everything you need to know to become a fully capable educator. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or online. Prepare for your Praxis exams and a life in front of students who will look up to you for guidance and knowledge just as we look up to the faces etched in stone so long ago.
As a South Dakota educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $39,340
- Currently employed: 480
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Dakota Teaching Schools Enrolling Now