Ranked seventh best educated state in the nation, Virginia has a lot to be proud of when it comes to education. But the birthplace of our founding fathers is not about to simply rest on their laurels. Virginians need more and more highly dedicated teachers for each coming generation. Could you be one of them? It doesn’t matter if you live in Richmond or Arlington you’re sure to find a school near you. Learn in a traditional classroom setting or online. Earn you degree and prepare for your Virginia state teaching certification in one of our fully accredited schools’ programs. Click the link to contact the school of your choice and start down the path to becoming a Virginia teacher or school administrator today!
As a Virginia educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $35,130
- Currently employed: 31,860
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Teaching Schools Enrolling Now