Statistically speaking, our Nation’s Capital has the highest percentage of citizens possessing a Bachelor’s degree or higher – more than anywhere else in the country. Yet the Washington DC school system is known as the worst in the United States! What causes such a disconnect and how can we help it? The best way to start is to find more dedicated and talented teachers to help improve the education standards for today’s youth, and you can be a part of this! Earn your teaching degree at a college in or near Washington DC! Learn the trade, get in-classroom experience and prepare for your Praxis exams all in our Nation’s Capital. It’s time to correct the educational discrepancy in DC and only you can do it! Browse our list of schools below (including several convenient online educators) and find the fully accredited institution that works best for you!
As a Washington DC educator, you will:
- Become a respected pillar of the community
- Carefully craft and schedule an adequate lesson plan for your students
- Guide and prepare the next generation through meaningful lessons and interactions
- Grade exams and papers
- Attend and lead extracurricular activities
- Work together with parents and administrators to create a healthy learning environment
Some career figures for education graduates in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $54,630
- Currently employed: 4,370
- Employment outlook: 15% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Teaching Schools Enrolling Now